The RSPCA Rescue Run (the ‘Event’) is an initiative of the The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (“RSPCA”) to raise funds to support vulnerable animals, prevent cruelty and assist pet owners in need across Australia.
This site https://www.rspcarescuerun.org.au (Website) is operated by RSPCA NSW, RSPCA QLD, RSPCA VIC, RSPCA WA, RSPCA SA, RSPCA TAS, RSPCA ACT, and RSPCA Darwin Branch. Any right or benefit in these Terms and Conditions is in favour of RSPCA Australia along with all RSPCA Australia’s State, Territory and regional member societies (Member Societies).
The Event opens on 18 October 2022 and ends on 31 October 2022.
By registering for the Event, the participant or the parent/guardian of a participant under 18 years, acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The decision to participate in the Event is entirely your own and you take full responsibility for any consequence of your participation in the Event for yourself and/or your participants.
- Any content you post to the website (e.g. photos and text) is your responsibility, and you must have the necessary rights to post that content (including the consent of others who feature in the content). RSPCA retains the right to delete any content posted.
- You acknowledge that RSPCA reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Event at any time.
- You acknowledge that by registering for the Event, you pledge to raise funds for RSPCA.
- All fundraising conducted for this Event comes under RSPCA’s authority to fundraise in the respective State or Territory in Australia and you agree to be bound by the relevant state and national fundraising legislation.
- RSPCA can refund a donation made in error. If you wish to request a refund, please contact your closest Member Society.
- RSPCA respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects.
- RSPCA will collect your personal information and any other information you may volunteer so that we can: administer and conduct the Event; and keep you informed about RSPCA, its fundraising activities and the important work you are supporting.
- RSPCA may use your image, name and challenge result in any promotion relating to this Event, including in the Leaderboards and/or on the Event website.
Collection Notice - to whom will my personal information be disclosed?
Contact details are usually disclosed to:
- our employees, contractors and/or service providers for the purposes of operation of our supporter and customer services, and to otherwise provide information, products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators
- RSPCA Australia and other state and territory RSPCA organisations
- RSPCA appointed marketers such as street and telephone marketers
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, where this is necessary to provide you with a service or product
- You must be registered to the Challenge to be eligible for any prizes.
- You must reach specified fundraising milestones to be eligible to receive any prizes:
- Raise $175 - receive an RSPCA sweat towel,
- Raise $300 - go in the draw to win 1 of 28 Brooks vouchers
- Raise $750 - go in the draw to win 1 of 5 Fitbits
- Raise $1,000 - receive an RSPCA bag and 3-pack of socks
Authority to Fundraise:
Agreement to these terms and conditions gives the registered The Rescue Run participant authority to fundraise in support of the work of RSPCA for the following fundraising event:
Event: The Rescue Run
Date of Event: 18 October 2021 and ends on 31 October 2021.
Dates of fundraising authority: As above
Thank you for having a go and helping our inspectors support animals at risk of cruelty.
The funds and awareness you raise are vital. Thank you again for making a difference.